Jo Vander Stuyft, General Manager of Retail Customers at KBC: 'KBC is delighted to go into partnership with Foodbag, a truly Belgian company. Their cooperation with local partners, in-house delivery drivers, transparent communication about their products and their selection of the most sustainable alternatives are all perfectly in line with KBC's own role in the local community. That's why we took the conscious decision to choose Foodbag for this additional 'food' service. This move now makes it even easier for our Mobile customers to order their weekly meal box, and KBC Deals also offers regular discounts on this service. The fact that the greater reach of our additional services in Mobile helps to support Foodbag's continued growth is an added bonus.'
Stéphane Ronse, Foodbag CEO and founder: 'Foodbag is proud to be the exclusive food partner of KBC, especially given that KBC Mobile is an important platform when it comes to reaching consumers in a digital world. The user-friendly app allows consumers to place Foodbag orders online and pay for them quickly and efficiently.'
How the Foodbag service works in KBC Mobile.
- Tap the Foodbag button under 'Additional services' in KBC Mobile
- Select your meals: choose three to five meals from the weekly menu, which includes 23 dishes in five different cooking styles, including ready-to-eat-dishes
- You have plenty of options for your order: choose how many people you want to cook each dish for, and easily alternate the numbers and cooking styles when putting together your weekly menu
- You don't have to take out a subscription, so you'll never receive a meal box unless you order it.
- Order using KBC Mobile and pay immediately without leaving the app
- Enjoy a financial bonus until 30 November courtesy of KBC Deals
- Foodbag delivers the meal box fresh and chilled to your door on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday using its own delivery service
In just a few years, the use of non-financial additional services in KBC Mobile has increased dramatically. Between 2019 and the end of September 2021, the number of KBC Mobile users using these services doubled to 660 000, with nearly two million transactions being carried out in the first half of 2021 alone, matching the figure for the whole of 2019. In addition, more than 300 000 customers gave their consent to receive personalised deals. At the end of September 2021, almost 730 000 cashback deals had been activated in KBC Mobile since the scheme was launched at the end of 2019, with 151 000 of these activated deals actually being used. KBC Deals users have already received over 600 000 euros in cashbacks in their KBC accounts.
About Foodbag – www.foodbag.be
Foodbag delivers meal boxes containing high-quality and seasonal ingredients – preferably of Belgian origin – to peoples' homes. The Foodbag chefs present 23 healthy and varied meals every week, with the customer selecting three to five of these meals to create their own personal meal box. The options available include a choice of vegetarian, original, ready-made, quick and child-friendly meals, or Sana-proof meals.
Thanks to practical and straightforward recipe cards, customers can put a delicious meal on the table in no time. Foodbag is the first meal box supplier to offer both ready-made meals and ingredients for preparing dishes yourself.
Foodbag has its own delivery service, employing 100 drivers and 150 packers. This makes it the first Belgian player in the online fresh food market with its own active chilled distribution network where quality of service is paramount. It also employs over-50s and retirees in order to deliver its meal boxes to doorsteps throughout Belgium.
Foodbag merged with Smartmat in June 2019 and took over 15gram – a meal box service – in 2021. Foodbag's Canteen service now also supplies businesses.