KBC customers enthusiastic in their use of WhatsApp chat.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 —
On 6 February 2018, KBC became the first bank-insurer in Belgium to offer its customers the possibility of also chatting with their bank-insurer via WhatsApp.
- By yesterday evening, no fewer than 492 separate conversations had been dealt with.
- KBC itself transmitted 1 868 messages. In other words, within an average of around four messages, customers had an answer to the questions that they had put using the number 09 331 78 16.
- The questions are quite specific and deal with investments, home loans, advances in current account, pension saving, insurance, payments, ATMs, etc.
- The questions come from all corners of the world: Belgium, Europe and even Australia, Indonesia, Thailand and the US. They're asked by private individuals, private banking clients and prospects who want to sample a 'taste' of the KBC service offering. Some customers even sent us some really nice photos.
- The KBC Live team is able to help virtually every customer immediately. Sometimes we'll switch to a call or message via KBC Touch (online banking) to ensure authentication. But customers are very understanding in that respect.
- The KBC Live was asked on a number of occasions, 'Are you a bot?' Probably because they got an answer from the KBC experts so quickly and smoothly. Or because youngsters already have experience of the chatbot in KBC's youth app, K’Ching.
- Every one of the customers was full of praise: 'KBC is entirely up to date, innovative, up with the very latest in technology', and so on.
Karin van Hoecke, General Manager of Mobile First, explains: 'The extra service that we've been offering our customers via WhatsApp since last week was an immediate hit. We are pleased with the enthusiastic reactions and proud to be the first bank-insurer in Belgium to be even more reachable via this channel to be able to give our customers even faster and better solutions.'
The service is intended for quick, straightforward questions about our services. These will be answered by our KBC Live staff just as quickly as if you called us. The service is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and at weekends from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The KBC Live team answers questions such as
- I'd like to take out a car loan, what's the best way to do that?
- I want to increase my advance in current account, who can I talk to about that?
- I'm currently abroad and have a problem with my credit card.
- I'd like to know what costs an international transfer involves.
- I'd like to make an appointment to talk about a home loan, how do I do that?