KBC to call outstanding stock of classic Tier-1 securities after successfully closing its AT-1 issue
Outside trading hours - Regulated information*
Following the successful closure of its AT-1 securities issue and the listing of the securities on Euronext Brussels on 19 March, KBC confirms today that it will call 5 outstanding classic Tier-1 securities on their next call date.
Johan Thijs, KBC Group CEO commented on the call decision as follows: ‘Our successful AT-1 issue enables us to further optimise our capital structure by replacing our classic Tier-1 instruments with more efficient and fully CRD IV compliant capital, while at the same time enhancing our total capital ratios under the new regulations and substantially reducing future interest charges.’
The following securities will be called on their respective call dates:
- KBC Funding Trust II (XS 0099124793, EUR 119 m), 30 June 2014
- KBC Funding Trust III (USU2445QAA68/US48239AAA79, USD 169 m), 2 May 2014
- KBC Funding Trust IV (US48239FAA66/USU2445TAA08, EUR 121 m), 10 May 2014
- (*) KBC Bank NV (BE0934378747, EUR 1 250 m), 14 May 2014
- (*) KBC Bank NV (XS0368735154, EUR 700 m), 27 June 2014
(*) partly issued to private retail investors
The calls on these securities will be exercised according to the terms and conditions outlined in the prospectus of the respective securities. The securities will be redeemed at par and investors will be entitled to a coupon for the past interest period.
* This news item contains information that is subject to the transparency regulations for listed companies.