KBC PhoneCheck checks the following security settings on Android smartphones:
- the screen lock and whether it is secure enough (PIN, password or fingerprint)
- whether the owner of the smartphone allows installation of unofficial apps not authorised by or downloaded from Google Play
- whether or not the phone's original operating system security restrictions are enabled
- which less popular apps have access to your text messages and whether those apps can be trusted
- whether apps have been infected by a virus (if so, the apps can be quickly removed)
In January, a KBC/CBC PhoneCheck app will be launched for iOS devices. It checks fewer items, but that is because the design of iOS makes such checks less relevant. KBC/CBC PhoneCheck for iOS provides tips on how to set up a screen lock and what ‘Find my iPhone’ entails. It also checks to see whether the iOS security settings have been enabled.
KBC has collaborated with market-leading antivirus expert, Kaspersky, for integration of the checking functions.
KBC also has a range of payable antivirus software that can be used on all types of devices at any time. More information in this regard can be found at https://www.kbc.be/info/secure4u/antivirussoftware.html.